Club nights are on Friday nights between 7pm and 8pm at Freyberg Pool and Fitness Centre, 139 Oriental Parade, Wellington.
Maranui Swimming Club hires the whole heated 33-metre indoor pool and divides it up into lanes for groups with different skill levels (swimmers still pay to enter the pool). We swim every Friday night in a school term, other than Good Friday.
Our Friday night programme consists of a mix of event and straight swimming nights. We put variety and fun into the club night activity, which enhances the skill training, and creates greater interest and personal satisfaction. We aim to have one different, fun or structured event each month, such as:
- Fun chocolate fish nights
- An ocean swim (early in the year)
- Bring a friend night
- Club Championships (generally over three club nights)
- Award and prize giving nights
- Specialist stroke nights
- Costume night (early November)
- Grand final night for the year.
Swimmers are placed in groups according to age, ability and personal comfort.
- The young Learn to Swim group relates to ages four (with water confidence) to seven years.
- The main membership of the Club comprises seven to eighteen year old members of differing abilities.
- The Club does not usually have members aged above 18, but an existing member may stay on until they are 19 or 20.
A programme is produced at the start of each year which highlights both the activities for the year and dates when the Club does not swim. See the announcements for the current schedule or our shared calendar